Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Israel trip



I went to Jerusalem in Israel as a volunteer two years ago. I was there not only to participate in march for peace between Israel and Palestine but also to hold the event of Korean culture. Over 2,000 people came from Korea participated in the peace march and young people including me prepared for the festival of Korean culture. Many jews came there and enjyed the festival with us. Especially, Taekwondo which is a kind of sport was the most popular among them. Male as well as female loved to learn Taekwondo. I heard that it is mandatory to go into army even though female. At that time, our team had the booth for selling traditional Korean tea. We could enjoy with many Israelite because the purpose of the event was to inform Korean cultre.
After finishing the event during three days, we marched from Jerusalem to Bethlehem in Parestine. The trip of Israel was very intersting to me because that was the first trip in the middle east. I could remember the smile of a child in Palestine and ghetto blocking between Jerusalem and Palestine. I could learn the history of Israel and I could get good friends through the trip.

2 comments:

marc said...

I like your trip so much after i finish reading your article, the Taekwondo is very famous, i also interest in it, and i think in the field house, there has Taekwondo program, if you want to play it, you can go there to get some fun!~

Rebecca K said...

Wow! I would love to go to Israel someday! It was brave and compassionate of you to march for peace there! Also, it was wonderful that you could share your culture, too.