Sunday, February 17, 2008

Italy


In 2006 spring, I have been to Itay because the conference related to my job held in Como, Italy. Since I had to go alone, it was a good chance not only to get new information in conference but also to adventure. I traveled many countries but traveling without any company was first.
Both of the flutter and fear went cross my mind until I started. At that time, the company that I was working for supported my traveling expenses so I had to buy cheep air tickets. However, The amazing event happend in Japan when I stoped there to trasfer. A airline worker exchanged my business ticket into first class one. I could enjoy delious meals and kindest service.
It was the evening when I arrived in Como. Beautiful sunset and peaceful atmosphere in a small town made me comfortable. During the conference, I saw charming landscapes of the beautiful Lake Como which I have never seen before and heard chimes of chuches. It was a new experience for me because I have been living in a big and crowded city. After the conference hours, I meandered around the town. North of Como was Switzerland so I could the Montblanc Mountain on the top of the hill in Como. One day I was looking for a restaurant to have for dinner and I found a restaurant which was designed pretty. I ordered bacon spagetti and tried it in the original place of spagetti. Unfortunately, the taste was different from my expectation. Even though I couldn't eat less than a half of the spagetti, the mind that I tried original Italian spagetti made me pleasant.
On the second conference day I attended in a party which was held in a old villa which was constructed more than 100 hundreds ago. Interior design and antic furniture were so attractive and made me misunderstand that a price and a princess might live there. At the night, on the way to the hotel I saw the glow of the fireflies in the forest near the villa. It was so wonderful secene.
After conference finished, I traveled Milano and Venechia. There were a lot of shopping shops in Milano and I lost my way several times in Venechia because almost ways and buildings were very similar and roads were like labyrinth. In spite of a short trip, I was impressed by Italian culture, especially architecture and nature.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a beautiful trip and you write about it so beautifully! I've noticed before that when you are in a strange place, connecting with nature (like the sunset you mentioned) can help you feel at home and comfortable.

xavi said...

Wow!! Very nice! I kike Italy very much, too! How did you manage to understand italians? they don't speak English at all!! :)
I enjoyed reading you post.